Good Shepherd Lutheran Church, in conjunction with the FoodBank of Santa Barbara County, distributes fresh fruits and vegetables as well as canned goods and other non-perishable items to those in need on the first Saturday of every month. Food, personal hygiene items, and clothing is given out on a first-come / first-served walk-up basis by beginning at 9:00 a.m. at church. We typically provide food for 100 to 135 families each month.
A nurse is available on campus for blood pressure screenings and to answer general health-related questions.
If you would like to donate non-perishable items for distribution, please drop them into the FoodBank barrel just inside the church entrance (or leave them outside our sanctuary door or drop them off in the church office M-Th 8:30 am-noon).
Donations to help us procure food and sundries are always welcome. Checks may be made out to GSLC with a reference noting Pantry Distribution (dropped off to the church office or through the office door mail slot).
|Donate by credit card:||Donate by on-line checking withdrawal:|
FoodBank of Santa Barbara also distributes food at a number of other locations throughout the month. Click here for more information about FoodBank of Santa Barbara.
Most Needed Donation Items:
Canned Food (e.g., Vegetables, Beans, Chili, Tuna, Meat, Stew, Fruit)
Boxed Milk (Almond, Oat, Rice, Soy)
Diapers / Wipes
Paper Goods (e.g., TP, tissues, napkins)
Cleaning Supplies (e.g., hand / dish soap, laundry detergent, window cleaner)
Health Supplies (e.g., band aids, sunscreen) No medications allowed!
The following guidelines apply:
• We cannot accept home-canned products.
• We cannot distribute cans without labels.
• We cannot distribute opened products.
• We cannot distribute expired products.
• Please donate retail-sized items, not big-box sized.
• Foods must be in original packaging.
• We cannot accept pet food.
• Please do not donate products with expiration dates that have expired. We check every item and then discard those that cannot be distributed.